About Me

My photo
Everywhere, On Planet Earth, United States
Gravity is for the weak. Go climb something.

December 07, 2014

Master of My Domain



The toughest thing about starting something new is saying goodbye to something old. A real master knows the only way to walk off that plank is to leave nothing behind unfinished, unread, or with anyone idly standing by. The master knows because she's done it so many times before. She learns to love what everyone else avoids: the crevasse of the unknown and the fear of never finding anything better than what's been left behind. 

The master spent her last days reflecting, preparing, recharging, and restarting. She did it all alone. "Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world." - some dead guy said. Imagine what he would think of all this clutter. In our world, the pinnacle of independent thought is posted on pages with fancy banners and flashing advertisements alongside. He'd probably laugh at a world where dialogue has been reduced from argument and compromise to attack and defend.

Each day, I'm told that the more connected we all are, the better off we will be. Maybe they're right. But the more lines we string between each other, the more we are going to lose one another when bad connections occur. I like the butterflies in my stomach when someone I don't know looks at me in the eyes, smiles and says "Hello". The toughest thing about starting something new is not getting tangled and lost in those lines. I'm making a few clean cuts and leaving a few things behind. But I won't fret. After all, I am a master.


No comments:

Post a Comment