About Me

My photo
Everywhere, On Planet Earth, United States
Gravity is for the weak. Go climb something.

July 25, 2015

Changes


I could’ve been a private investigator, or a hacker, or even a ninja. My parents always used to tell me I could be anything, right up until I told them I wanted to move to Colorado and be a dirtbag. Before that, it was assumed I was going to get a real job, buy a house, and settle for the life of a house wife.

Things change as we get older. Sometimes they settle down, other times we get complacent. We dredge through the new responsibilities and seek out excitement to enrich ourselves with. Sometimes we find it, and sometimes we stumble.

We meet new people all the time. Sometimes they come and go, just to leave a beautiful memory, a life lesson. Sometimes they stay for the rest of our life. Either way, you know damn well that I freaking love you and happy to be here.

I’m slowly attempting to be a “career oriented” that knows how to greet people in two different languages, and smile in a pleasing way. Maturity is defined by the experiences and empathy you have. I chose to take life at a faster pace than most, making mistakes, bleeding and growing in the process. Who I am, who anyone is today, should be something to be proud of, with a willingness to embrace your weaknesses and strengths in the same breath. If I didn't firmly believe that I deserved mountain-domination, I wouldn't stand where I was today, I'd be festering in my parents basement playing World of Warcraft and answering Craigslist personal ads.

I believe that loyalty is the rarest and most vital tenets of humanity. Loyalty is to "accept no harm" to those we love. If we could all do that, then the world would be okay, in the end. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment